Thursday, May 17, 2018

Artistic Bouquet and Wild Mushrooms


We’re back for day two previews of the Creative and Curious Stamp & Die Collection from Power Poppy!  We’ve got two more beauties to show you:  Artistic Bouquet and Wild Mushrooms. 


Ill start it off with the lovely Artistic Bouquet.  This beauty of a set was first introducted as the digital stamp called Rosé All Day.  It showcases a mix of art supplies, flowers, leaves, branches, sweet bees and a ladybug, and now its in polymer!  


I wanted to really focus on the greenery in this image and white and creamy flowers, so I pulled out a wide variety of Copics to give each element it’s own shade of green. After colouring I used a big Spellbinders die to make it a rounded squre shape with some pretty mint tones in the background.  


I added the sentiment embossed on some vellum with a green leaf accent, some lovely green lace.  To give the cyclamen leaves a little bit of definition and some more realism, I used my white gel pen to accent some of the veining.  That wee little ladybug wouldn’t have looked right in red, so I played off the colours of the bees and made him a wee bit oranger.  I’ve found some ladybugs that are that colour, so I think it works.  And hey, we’re allowed to use our own creative interpretation too right?  

I mentioned that I used a lot of Copics for this one, so I took them in two pictures.  The top picture are all the greenery, and the bottom is the rose, cyclamen petals, branches and bees.  



Next up, one of my favourite sets from the whole release!  


It’s all about the Wild Mushrooms!  I think Marcy hit this sweet set out of the park!  Who knew mushrooms could have such variety and be so darn adorable?  This is an awesome large set and I love that Marcy gave us so many varieties of mushrooms to choose from.  I looked up each of them and they all come in very unique colours - so you can colour play to your heart’s content.  Marcy illustrated them to be reminiscent of botanical drawings, and they are whimsical without being too cutesy, scientifically correct without being staid.  And great news, coordinating DIES are available for this set.  


For my first shroomy card, I just had to go the traditional fairy garden style of mushroom with the red cap.  They are such interesting fungi!  I wanted it to be clean and simple, yet earthy to play off the colours, so I added some embossed polka-dots on the top of the card, a fun red scalloped border and then added the mushrooms popped up over the kraft cardstock, with a pretty gingham ribbon accent.  


I’m not sure which way you’ll see those polka dots better, so I have a couple of photos.  



A fun sentiment and some pops of colour from the red gems.  


Only a few Copics on this one!  

The girls are bringin’ it today with more inspiration.  Hope you can pop on by!  Marcy is also letting you know about a fabulous giveaway too - so be sure to check out the Power Poppy blog!

Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence

Julie Koerber
Katie Sims
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker

and Marcy at the Power Poppy Blog

12 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous cards Christine.

gr karin

Debbie Rumpza said...

Gorgeous! Love the mushroom card!

CherylQuilts said...

Christine, these are both GORGEOUS! Your coloring is this exquisite bouquet is amazing -- definitely a Color Story going on there. And your mushroom is absolutely fabulous! I'm not much for mushrooms, but this one has changed my view of a mushroom stamp! (And I don't care much for squishy mushrooms to eat - haha.) But I really love how you've colored it and made it really the center of attention and have added a great sentiment! Looking forward to seeing more!! Hugs, sweet friend! xoxo

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful cards. Love this mushrooms.

Leslie Miller said...

So far everything in the release is fantastic, but I'm really going to need this mushroom set. Love how you've shown this with a whimsical look. Yes, it can go either way. So fun! Of course, your flower card is gorgeous with your delicate and lovely coloring. I see yellow-orange ladybugs in the garden.

Nanasniftynitch said...

Woot woot!! Lovely colors, love the red on the shrooms!

Lady Bug Stampers said...

wow love the cards you have made here. The flowers are stunning and the mushroom is adorable. I love the ladybugs (my blog name is ladybugstamper)

Lisa said...

The greens and whites in your first card are just stunning! I really love how you've brought that image to life!

The second card really makes me smile. You have brought the Fly Agaric, my favorite mushroom, to life with your beautiful coloring! The kraft, white, red and touch of green come together wonderfully!

D.Ann C said...

These are so lovely! I want to get a bouquet of flowers and give them with a pencil and paintbrush and a card with this set!

Conniecrafter said...

Wow that is just gorgeous, love the elegant feel of the first and the second is very sweet!

Stacy Morgan said...

These mushrooms are simply adorable and the colors are super fun. I goggled the one I picked and had fun creating with the oranges. I LOVE the soft coloring on the bouquet oh my word! The shaped frame is perfect. Gorgeous!

Allison Cope said...

Thud! Love the soft blues and greens of the Artistic Bouquet. So sweet! And your darling mushrooms are just so adorable! One of my favorite cards of the release! You just knocked this release out of the park Christine!!! Mwah!!!!