Monday, January 15, 2018

Rosé all Day in Progress


Have we got a treat for you today!  Marcella has given us a brand new digital image that is stunning! It’s called Rosé All Day, and you’re going to be wowed!  It’s an amazing combination of flowers that are naturally reds, pinks, and whites (and any derivatives of these shades... pinky-purples, corals, peaches).  The bouquet features Roses, Redbud branches (Cercis canadensis), Cyclamen hederifolium, a Fern frond (for contrast) along with "ivy-leaved Cyclamen" leaves - they are quite dramatic. Marcy has worked in a few paint brushes and a colored pencil, along with a ladybug and bumblebees. Its such a beauty!

We’re also helping kick off Kathy Racoosin’s 30 Day Coloring Challenge today!


Though I don’t have a completed design, I started working on a larger piece that I’ll end up putting on an easel or framing.  I’ve printed it up large, about 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 and I’ve used the version of the image that works for “no-line” colouring.  I wanted to give the image that rosey-pink theme for all my flowers.  I’ll finish it up later this week and show it off to you once it’s done.  

I’ve done some basic laying down of colour, and once that’s done, I think I’ll possibly give it some detail with pencils to finish it off.  

Here are some of the Power Poppy girls giving you some sneak peeks off this amazing design today.  

Kathy Racoosin 
Tosha 
Kathy on Instagram
Barbara on Instagram
Broni
Elizabeth  on Instagram
Jessie on Instagram
Nancy
me! Christine
and Marcy at the Power Poppy blog

8 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Oh my goodness! That is incredible coloring and a lovely image!

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous Christine.
Gr Karin

Essie said...

Just gorgeous!! Love your colo choics Christine.

Kathy Straw said...

Absolutely gorgeous colouring!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my that is a lovely piece and will be so nice to have on display, beautiful no line coloring!

Leslie Miller said...

Good heavens, it's a masterpiece already! It's nice how Marcy provides a second image for no-line coloring. Makes it easy for everyone. This is sooooo gorgeous, Christine!

Helen said...

Love what you're doing with this design, Christine. The pencil is a nice touch. tfs

CherylQuilts said...

Christine, this is so absolutely gorgeous, and I saw the finished piece! This is amazing, and your coloring continues to wow, wow, wow me! It really is a masterpiece, and I love all the beautiful colors and depth you've achieved!! Love!