Monday, May 16, 2016

Silvery Blooms

Hello!  Today I’ve got another pretty trio of cards that are all sentiment based for our TCP Tuesday Challenge to make sentiments your focus.



A couple of weeks ago one of our former youth students got married and one of the colours she loves is blue so I tried to pull together some ideas that might work and ended up making three cards.  



On this first design I started by using the beautiful Sketchy Flowers and stamping the solid posies and leaves in Pacific Point ink onto Pacific Point cardstock.  Once that was dry I used the outline stamp from the flowers and leaves and stamped that overtop using VersaMark ink and then added silver embossing powder to make it all shimmery and shiny...and more wedding-like.  

I cut out several Always words from our CutUps Die, layered and glued them together and then added some shimmery silver paint on top.  Silver really pops on the deep blue.  


Some dribbles of silver paint and then some sequins finish it off. 

This next design was what I originally had in mind for the wedding card, but of the trio I made, it's my least favourite, There's something about the layout that doesn't seem to work for me.  But, I'll show it to you anyways. :)



Similar idea for both cards, I think it's the positioning of the flowers that I'm not really sure about. Something isn't quite right for me in the layout!  



On this last design I thought I'd do an all over posie feel again and then add a different sentiment peeking out of the bottom of the card.  





This is a really great way to showcase sentiments and also the extra glitz of embossing!

So have you jumped in on the TCP Sentiment Challenge yet?  Here's the deets to enter and win:

  1. Every other Tuesday a new challenge will be posted on The Cat’s Pajamas blog and our Facebook page.
  2. If you want to play along you just upload your design to The Cat’s Pajamas blog page using the InLinkz button by the Monday, 11:55 EDT before the next challenge.
  3. You are not required to use a Cat’s Pajamas stamp or die but if you have them we would love to see them.
  4. On the following TCP Tuesday, the winner will be chosen from the previous challenge and will receive a Cat Cash Voucher for $10 or $15 if a TCP product is used.

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Christine! These are GORGEOUS, all of them. You are definitely Queen of flowers!

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous cards and designs Christine
Gr Karin

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful! I love the two different flowers you used. The layout of the first is my favorite, as well. The Pacific Point ink shows up very nicely on the same color paper and the silver embossing really highlights it. Love those silver splatters, too.

Conniecrafter said...

I will have to say I love them all, the embossing is so pretty, very classic!

CherylQuilts said...

Christine, these are gorgeous, and I love the rich blue with the silver! Wow, I love the sequins and the splatter of silver paint too! Stunning! I have to figure out a card to make for this challenge!! Hugs, sweet friend!