Friday, March 18, 2016

Sunny Spring Meadow



You might have already seen the gorgeous new image that Marcy released earlier this week at Power Poppy, Spring Meadow Bouquet.  Isn’t it amazing?  I just had to do some colouring with it today!  Marcy put together a wonderful assortment of beautiful flowers, bleeding heart, checkered lily, summer snowflake and lilacs to create this bouquet.  With such detail in the flowers I decided to colour them all in a basic colour family with Copic RV colours.  

As I was colouring the tiniest little spots of green in the summer snowflakes my YG03 let out a huge blob of colour.  I almost died.  It wasn’t just a little blob either.  So, I tried to rescue it with lots of work from my Copic Blender moving the colour to the center of the blob and then out to the back of the page, but it kept a light green hue near the butterfly.  I disguised it a bit with the background colouring and some shimmery glitter pen on the snowflakes and then on the butterfly and bee wings, but that will teach me for refilling the markers a wee bit too much!  There is shimmer on all the summer snowflakes, the bee and butterfly, but it doesn’t really show in the photo.  



Because I printed the image large to fit the whole card front, I really didn’t want to take away from any of the prettiness,  so I kept the design simple, using a stitched rectangle die to cut into the image, giving it a framed feel.  I sunk the middle of the rectangles in and then popped the outer frame up, then added the pretty stitched bow from TCP.  I like the look of the design extending on both the frame and center.  



Inside I placed the pretty sentiment from the set, and here’s the whole host of Copics I used below. 





Have you tried out our Power and Sparks Challenge this month?  More details here, but you could win Power Poppy set of your choice just by playing along!!  



Here’s the Bloom Brigade up with inspiration today...



Christine Okken (you are here)
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan




9 comments:

Nancy Thomas said...

Stunning Christine!

KarinsArtScrap said...

stunning image and colouring and gorgeous card Christine
Gr Karin

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Christine, this is gorgeous, and your colors and coloring are exquisite! I love the combination and always love this shade of blue! Oh, I think we've all had our times of the "terrible blobs" on our cards, but thankfully, you've rescued it. And had you not mentioned it, most of us wouldn't have taken the time to search for it (much like we quilters used to say, "if you look hard enough and find a mistake, you deserve it!" Haha!). But truly, I love the layout with the stitched dies and the sweet bow! Stunning card, my friend! Hugs!

Leslie Miller said...

I think you recovered nicely from your ink blob. It's gorgeous, Christine! Creative idea for the frame. A little somethin' somethin', but still simple. Love that!

Marisa said...

You are the master fixer upper. Didn't even notice it. Lovely imae and fabulouslycoloured as always :)

Davi said...

I love the colors you used Christine, it looks so so very feminine and spring, BEAUtiful!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty indeed! Christine your colors are wonderful and the stitched border frame is a great idea. So very pretty.

Mommyeyedr said...

Gorgeous coloring and beautiful layout!

Aleksandra said...

Gorgeous card Christine! It is one of my favourite color combinations... lagoon blue and pink! Very beautiful!

Have a great day!
Aleksandra