Friday, March 4, 2016

Stargazers



Happy Friday people!  Today we’ve got a brand new Power & Spark Challenge at Power Poppy!  This month Stacy’s our hostess and she’s come up with the most fun and unique sketch that showcases a peek-a-boo design!  



I’m so excited to give you a sneaky-sneak-peek at a brand new digi coming out tomorrow from Marcella called Joyful Lilies.  It’s stunning!  And....it comes with more than one version plus two sentiments including a beautiful section of Scripture.  

I love the vividness of a Stargazer lily, and though Easter Lilies are gorgeous, I had to try this design first, and see if I could incorporate Stacy’s fun sketch.  Without fail, I just can’t help myself from colouring them up this way to start with.  

I printed the digi quite large to be able to fill a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch card, coloured it up with Copics and then layered over the peek-a-boo vellum.  I really wanted to showcase the lilies and it’s kind of fun to have the pops of colour peek through the cut out circles, and still be showing in a softer version behind the vellum.  





I kept everything really simple, adding a sentiment from a Christmas set actually - Botanical Tree, it’s stamped on vellum white white embossing powder and anchored by some large rhinestones.  




Here are the Copics I used to bring colour to these lilies.  

We hope you can join us in the Power & Spark Challenge!  It runs all month long and you could win a Power Poppy set of your choice just for playing, or also have your entry be featured in one of our Peeps of the Week!  




Here’s the Bloom Brigade in action today...

Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber
Katie Sims
Leslie Miller

Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker




15 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow stunning card and design Christine
Gr Karin

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Oh my goodness Christine!! How super clever, creative, and absolutely gorgeous!! I just love how your innovative mind works!! Not only is your coloring fabulous, but the dimension the vellum gives your image is incredible! This is stunning! And did I mention super clever? ;)

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Ok Christine, I'm just amazed at the beauty of this card. I was thinking of how to come up with an idea for the cards I wanted to make for the Power Poppy challenge and I'm blown away by yours, this is just stunning!!!!!
I have some of the beautiful flower sets from Marcella and I was trying to think of a way how to use the whole image, I'm CASEing your glorious card, I hope you don't mind. I will, of course, give you credit for the idea on my post and direct my friends to your blog.
Sheeesh!! I better stop talking and get to work, thank you so much for sharing.
Big Hugs,
Maria.

Linda Carson said...

Wow Christine! This is what a picture perfect card looks like! Absolutely love this creative and inspirational beauty! I'm with Maria about CASEing this one!

Sharyn Polesel said...

This is stunning! Your coloring is always exceptional and such an inspiration to me. I love the beautiful flower and your use of Vellum. This is a gorgeous card!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful. Love those gorgeous flowers and the way you have them peeking through the vellum.

Gab said...

Just stunning colouring. And I love how you used vellum on top

Davi said...

Fabulous!! The vellum gives such a soft look perfect with the sentiment. Very clever use of the sketch :)

Barbara said...

When your blog opened up and I saw this card, I wish you could have seen the look on my face. Gorgeous card and I just wanted to tell you I love it!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

How pretty! Great idea to use vellum as an overlay!

Conniecrafter said...

so gorgeous, lovely coloring and that design with the vellum and highlighting the flowers is so cool!

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous Christine! I planned to do one with vellum for the sketch also, but now... Can't compete with this. Love love the petals and your coloring. Gorgeous card.

Leslie Miller said...

Gosh, I'm so behind in visiting. These lilies are scrumptiously beautiful with your coloring, Christine. So many choices for these. I haven't even printed them yet, but love them so much!

Kathy Jones said...

GASP! **THUD** Christine, you ALWAYS create the most beautiful cards and this is no exception - WOW!!! Your colouring is always so amazing and inspiring and the cutout circles over the blooms is pure genius!! Love, Love, Love this!!! :)

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Christine, these stargazer lilies are amazing, and your coloring is simply amazing! I love them and love how you've used the vellum over it, and what a beautiful frame! Stunning, and I too LOVE it! Hugs!