Friday, April 17, 2015

How May I Direct Your Call?

If you’re looking for my Power Poppy post - just scroll down....

A Day for Daisies is showing off some great images this week....take a look at this one called How May I Direct Your Call? is just so cute :)  I love the vintage look to the operator and desk full of telephone wires.  


Isn’t that dress she’s wearing great?  It was fun to colour too.  I thought some pretty blues would go great with the wood of the desk.  I also mimicked the polka dots on her collar and sleeves in the background layer and then added the woodgrain in the desk with my Copics and onto the brown horizontal piece with a embossing folder.  I thought the little bit of twine would go with the wires for the telephone lines too.  






Here’s the Copics I used.  


Check out the rest of the ADFD team and their fun designs today too!


Christine (you are here)


10 comments:

Broni said...

Awesome, Christine! I love that woodgrain on the desk and her beautiful blue dress!!

Cheryl W. said...

Dress styles were gorgeous back then, weren't they? Speaking of gorgeous, so is your coloring!! Wow! I am always in awe of your creations.

Rosy Newlun said...

Lovely Christine! Very pretty blue dress and cute shoes. In the late 50s and early 60s our mom used to be a switchboard operator. She used to come home and say "Num-bar puh-lee-uz!" So funny now. ♥

Maria Rodriguez. said...

WOW!! what a lovely blast from the past!!! The way you created the woodgrain look on that switchboard desk is truly fabulous. Such a pretty girl, with her blue dress, a very endearing image.
Thank you for sharing.

Conniecrafter said...

Love the coloring!!

Juliana said...

I LOVE that woodgrain!!!!
Brilliantly done!!

Beautiful card!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Love your woodgrain and this fabulous vintage image Christine. My mom had that job before she had me. Can you even imagine phones being like that today? Beautifully colored as always too!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, it's darling! I love it! Pretty blue dress and great layout with that bit of wood grain mixed in. So cute!

Earline said...

Such a beautiful card truely love this card.

Tina Rathbone said...

Thank you for sharing your fab card! It just made my day, in this time of awful call centers, etc!
A gem.
Tina in San Diego