Friday, March 20, 2015

Painting Mushrooms

If you’re looking for my Power Poppy post, just scroll down :)


Hello again sweet people!  I’m back today with an adorable little image from A Day for Daisies that has a wee bit of whimsy in it.  This one is part of a new Club Kit being introduced this week and it’s called called Painted Mushroom Top.  

I decided to pull out my prismacolour pencils for colouring this one.  Just straight pencil work, no OMS.  Then I carried the theme of the dots from the mushroom and little lady bug fairy into the whole card, which works perfectly for our polka-dotted challenge still going on!  



I sponged in the dots on the green panel with a Tim Holtz Stencil (Bubble) and ink, and then cut out some 1/2 inch and 3/4 inch circles from paper to add them to the design.  This is the sketch from the Fusion Card Challenge this week.  

To finish it off I just slipped a little seambinding through some slits I punched into the paper and tied it in a simple knot.  The sentiment is from a PaperTrey Ink set called Big Birthday Wishes.  

Now I know you’ll love more inspiration from the rest of the Design Team, so head on over!  



Christine (you are here)


11 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

so sweet and gorgeous great design christine
Gr Karin

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

So cute and what a fabulous design.

Leslie Miller said...

I love how colorful and cute this is, and so very creative with the big mushroom-like polka dots. You are a busy woman, Christine, and always do such great work!

Marisa said...

Darling image and love the big dots and colour combo.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my that is just the cutest ever, love the colors and like how you did the background to match the mushroom!

Rosy Newlun said...

How sweet! Love your color choices! I can't believe all the shading you achieved with using the ODM with your pencils. Fab! It's always exciting to see what you do, Christine!

Cheryl W. said...

I really love how you carried the mushroom's dots throughout the design of your card. Beautiful coloring, too!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh my goodness!! I love this little Fairy, she is just so sweet and beautifully colored, what a wonderful way to carry the polka dots from the image to your card layout. Just gorgeous Christine, thank you for sharing.

Kelly Griglione said...

oh my gosh, your prisma coloring is amazing on this darling little fairy!! So pretty! Glad you joined the Fusion Challenge!

Susan (rainy) said...

What a beautiful design! That image is just so sweet!! Love.

Vickie Z said...

This is fabulous!, love the image and your design!!