Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Azalea Wreath



Are you singing a Willie Nelson song in your head with this sentiment...?  :)  It is just a card for the fun of colouring.  I have been wanting to create a wreath with the smaller elements of Power Poppy’s gorgeous Azalea set.  So, I stamped the smaller clusters of Azaleas in a circular pattern around a 1 3/4 inch circle that I had punched out of low tack masking paper.  That way I could stay on track in keeping it circular.  After I stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black I coloured in the flowers with Prismacolor Pencils for a bit of a change.  

After I had coloured all the flowers, then I fussy cut it all out creating a wreath.   I looked at how it would appear on the paper with the sentiment I was going to use in the middle.  The sentiment seemed a little small for the space, so I got the brilliant idea to do some loopy random sewing to “frame" it up.  


To do that I punched a smaller circle, 1 1/2 inches on masking tape, then removed the wreath and sewed all around that circle as my guide.  



It’s just a nice way of adding interest without it being too much.  



Here’s a closeup of the design and colouring.  Extra details are rhinestones, seambinding, a button and baker’s twine.  



And the inside of the finished card.  The Designer papers are Basic Gray Picadilly.  And the inside is stamped in Memento Canteloupe and Rosebud.  Finished card is 5 x 5 inches.  

I like how cheerful and vibrant it is!  It really is a most stunning stamp set.  


12 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

so very beautiful Christine.
Gr Karin

Karen W said...

This is gorgeous, I love how you used the little flowers for a wreath!!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

GORGEOUS!!!!! What amazing patience fussy cutting this gorgeous blooms, your card is amazingly beautiful Christine, I don't have a chance to come to your blog often but I'm so happy today I have the free time to delight in your card. Thank you for sharing.

Melanie Ann MacKenzie said...

Beautiful card. It just shows you how much you can get from a stamp set. How clever you are! Cheers.

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful wreath, such a great idea, pretty coloring, and yes that song came to mind when reading your post :)

Leslie Miller said...

How beautiful, Christine! I love every wonderful idea you had for putting this together. It came out fabulous!

Bea said...

Your cards are simply beautiful!!

Becca Cruger said...

Bright and cheerful at its finest! I am in L-O-V-E! I adore how you've left a little bit of the white in the flowers to give it an even extra burst of freshness.

KimCreate said...

oh my gosh, I love the floral wreath and how your patterned paper matches. So pretty!

Angelica Schmidt said...

Oh my is your azaleas wreath gorgeous! Love the way you made the wreath and the colors you chose! Have a Blessed day!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Christine, I've missed a lot in the last week! What a gorgeous card and wonderful idea to form a wreath around the sentiment with the stitching!! Stunning and so beautifully colored! And the DP is beautiful with it!! What a stunning card!! Hugs!

Bajalizzy said...

that'd be a lovely card to receive