Wednesday, June 11, 2014

TCP - Card in a Box with Simple Blooms


There are TWO fabulous sets being introduced today from The Cat’s Pajamas.  I think I’ll save the second card I made for the Blog Hop coming up, but I do have a treat with today’s other set Simple Blooms.  It’s a beautiful silhouette style set with classy wildflowers that I think you’ll really love.  


I put together a Card In A Box for this set (SO FUN!) with the Cut File that Alma will have available; proceeds going to Cat Packer Julie Masse’s family Adoption Fund.  I hadn’t really seen a lot of Card in a Box styles and yet now that I have the template, I’m seeing them everywhere (just check out Pinterest).  The template makes it SO easy to put together.  I’m glad I didn’t have to do the measuring, scoring and cutting on my own.  Well worth the investment.  

As soon as I saw this set I had the idea of making a really vibrant wildflower-garden-in-a-box.  I enjoy giving silhouette style stamps multiple layers of colour to give them a different feel.  First, I cut the shapes for the blooms with the Cut file also available for this set and then inked the blooms and stems/leaves with my ink pads separately so I could get multiple colors onto the blooms. After stamping I added extra color and dimension with some thin markers, so it almost looks like a 2 step stamp.  

Then it was just FUN putting together the box.  I have lots of pictures to show you of the different sides of the project.  


Here is the back of the box above....simple stamping of the silhouette image to give you the feel of what it looks like just inked and stamped.  The papers are Echo Parks Summer Bliss, and the inks I used were a mix of Memento (Pear Tart, Bamboo Leaves, Rose Bud. Canteloupe, Tangelo) and SU (Pool Party).  


Here is the view looking down at the box from the top.  You can see that I added butterflies from the new die that will be available (Butterflies) onto little strips of clear card stock, so they really have the appearance of flying.  




Here is another view of the front from the other side showing the label from the set on the front of the box, as well as the larger butterflies I added to the box sides.


And above is the really COOL part.  The whole box folds down and fits in a standard envelope!  How awesome is that?  

Here’s a peek at this beautiful set.  




Here’s the new die I used.  You know what’s so great about it?  The tiny butterfly is embedded inside the medium sized butterfly.  So smart!  

I know you’ll see fabulous things with The Cat Pack today and the two sets we’re showcasing, so be sure to drop by The TCP blog to check them out!  

14 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

you have made a beautiful flower cardbox Christine.

gr karin

Lyn said...

Wow you have done such a beautiful job with this lovely stamp set <3

Chris said...

when I opened up my e-mail and saw your pop up box I almost fell off my chair! I can't come up with words to say what a great job you did, it's out of this world.
This is definitely SWANKY!!!!!!

Conniecrafter said...

I have noticed these cards popping up all over too, yours is just beautiful, love the fresh colors, just makes you feel good :) You have arranged it beautifully.

Linsey R said...

THUD!!! Christine, seriously! This should be called gorgeousness in a box!!! When you get your hands on something, it becomes beautiful. There are no ifs, ands or buts about it! :) What a completely amazing card and you used almost everything in the Simple Blooms set I think!! The butterflies all over are a perfect touch. I'm just so in love with this. I've still never made a card in a box--I'm thinking it's time to. And I wanna make one just like yours! You are so inspiring! Hugs and have a GREAT day!

Nancy Thomas said...

GASP!! Christine, this is absolutely gorgeous. An absolutely explosion of color!

Unknown said...

Christine, this is truly jaw dropping! I adore it, just beautiful! So glad you are playing with us this week. :)

Brenda said...

OMG Christine! What a beautiful explosion of color and elements! I am expecting my Silhouette to be here any day and I so want to try my hand at this. This is more than a beautiful box, it's a work of art!

Bajalizzy said...

We just made b-day explosion cards last Saturday in our Arizona crop group! Your flower box version is beautiful - love the cut out flowers and the sentiment on the back.

Marisa said...

A breath of spring in a box. LOVE it! Of course where there are flowers and butterflies I am happy :) Fabulously done indeed!!

Robin said...

Love all your cards from Sneaky Peek. I love the way you even created a backround for the photo.

Lori said...

Love your bouquet in a box! This is amazing!

Lisa H. said...

Love this! Totally and completely love this!!!

Alma de la Rosa said...

I am sold. This card is a box is brilliant!