Monday, April 28, 2014

Wonderful Gladioli


Welcome to Day Two of the fantastic May Releases at Power Poppy that’s ALL Digital!  It’s our way of getting these beauties into as many hands as possible this month :)  We know you’ll love them.  

Today it is a gorgeous array of Gladioli blooms to celebrate someone wonderful!  They are so cheerful and so great to colour!  


The glad blooms are coloured with Copics in pretty yellows and vibrant spring greens with a pretty bluey green background that really shows them off.  I’ve used some Spellbinders dies to accent them and then paired it with this pretty paper that right now I can’t get my hands on which one it was!  



I used some pretty sheer polka dotted ribbon ruchhed behind one layer and then tied in a knot on the Lacey Oval then a little touch of Kaiser Sparklets to accent.  I like it a lot.  The colours are very me :)



Here’s a look at the inside with the pretty sentiment.  You can see the scoring I did on the background of the card on the left side too to mirror the plaid in the paper.   And below are the Copics I used.  




Heres a reminder of the FUN NEWS!  At Power Poppy we want to give in to your inner voice that craves instant gratification!  This month the release will be all digital - meaning you can download, print and use the images as soon as they land in your inbox!  

And then, it gets even better...Are you ready for some incredible fun?  During the whole month of May, well not only share ideas on how to use these beauties, but well also give those who purchase them extra ways to win some Power Poppy goodies!  Each Friday during May, well usher in challenges designed around our new and beautiful digi images!  

There’s LOTS to love about digis...from the instant ability to use them, the lower price, the ability to resize them, and that you don’t need any storage space :)  We really hope you’ll give them a try this month!

Now here is the link to these fantastic Gladioli Flowers...go right now and buy them then create!  


And here’s the Bloom Brigade playing with Gladioli today:

Allison Cope
Christine Okken
 (you are here)
Cindy Lawrence
Dawn Burnworth
Julie Koerber
Kathy Jones
Leslie Miller
Tosha Leyendekker


11 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Christine! What fabulous colors and coloring! Just love your color combination and the beautiful elements, including the inside! Love it all, sweet friend! Hugs!

Liz Williams said...

Oh, my these are gorgeous.

Julie Koerber said...

What a vibrant and beautiful creation Ms. Christine! I love the yellow with those beautiful shades of blue - so "happy!"

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's so beautiful Christine.

gr karin

905lovestostamp said...

Oh Christine!!! I am SO in awe of this gorgeous, bright card!! I don't tend to use blue that much, and you opened up my eyes to that color's beauty, especially in the combinations and patterns you used. To me it has a bit of the nostalgia with the patterns you've used almost like a favorite quilt someone has lovingly stitched together. The Spellbinders Lacy Ovals is one of my all-time favorites, a set I think I'll always keep and use. And your coloring, especially the way you've shaded those leaves, going towards yellow-green was just so realistic. I loved the inside of your card too. I think this is my all-time favorite of your cards, and I've loved SO many!!! :) God has given you a talent that you use to teach people like me, and I thank you. Blessings, and I hope you have a great Monday--it's sunny here in Stoney Creek, Ontario!!! Hugs to you, Joanne Lowe

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Wowsers Christine!! I LOVE the color combinations here! As always, your coloring is brilliant, but it's the unique colors here that have really inspired me!! Gorgeous work!!

Kathy Jones said...

Soooooooooo Gorgeous!!!! Your colouring is divine and I love your colour palette and beautiful ribbon treatment! Stunning as always!

Allison Cope said...

Pure beauty! I love the blues and greens with your glorious golden glads Christine! So sunny and delightfully happy!

Stacy Morgan said...

Summer pretties. I like the way you pleated the ribbon down the side, nicely done girl. This is so very pretty!

Leslie Miller said...

Wonderful colors and design and such pretty yellow glads! Love what you did with the sentiment inside, too. Altogether fabulous, Christine!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my this is beautiful and so spring like, lovely coloring and design with the papers!