Thursday, January 16, 2014

Heritage Peonies

Free for All Friday with Border
 
The weekend is here! Hopefully you have something fun in store for yourself.  We’ve got a free night and my mom is cooking for us…so that’s a pretty great Friday for me!

The Flourishes Senior Design team is delighted to bring you another round of inspiration created with our brand new and beautiful January New Release Sets. There is just so much more you can do with these stamps and we can’t wait to show you more. And, the good news is, you can still purchase the January New Release Bundle at a discount! Today is the last day this discount is available and we don’t want you to miss out on a wonderful sale and some fabulous sets!

I just HAD to use the Peony from our Flowers for Jan set.  I think it’s just gorgeous, and I was inspired to create this one because of peonies I have from my Grandma.


I started by cutting out the Silhouette cut file shapes from this set on Flourishes Classic Ivory cardstock. Then I inked the flowers with Memento Desert Sand for a no-line look and coloured them up with really soft creamy Copic colours.  My grandma’s peonies that I transplanted in my flower bed are just off white with these beautiful centers that are touches of burgundy.  I paired the cut peonies with Flourishes Classic Kraft Cardstock cut with our Perfectly Pierced Classic Window Die, and then a fancy circle Spellbinders Die to frame that out.  


As you can see I paired the design with some pretty Echo Park - Everyday Ecclectic designer paper, my all time favourite cream shimmery ribbon, some pretty petal soft ribbon that looks just like peony petals, clear sequins and shimmery facted gems.  


This is what my Grandma’s - now my peonies look like, you can just see the touch of some of the burgundy tipped petals in the centre.  I love having them, they are a link to my heritage, especially since my Grandma died before I was born, and I am named after her.  



Here is the inside of the card.  Abeautiful scripted sentiment don’t you think?  

So now you can hop on over to see what the rest of our very talented Design Team has in store for you today with these sets:
Enjoy and have a wonderful weekend!

10 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

The peonies are indeed gorgeous. What a beautiful card, Christine! The layout, colors, design elements, everything just takes my breath away!

TLady said...

WHAT A LOVELY TRIBUTE to your Grandmother, Christine!!!!!:) AND Peonies are such a BEAUTIFUL FLOWER TOO!!!!;) You did a GORGEOUS JOB on your card!!!! I LOOOOOOVE that Kraft card stock with your creations!!! You REALLY know HOW to use it!!!!!!!:)GORGEOUUUUUUUUUUS!!!! :)

Marisa said...

Beautifully done!

JoanneO said...

Beautiful Peonies! I know how you feel about them. My mother passed away 12 years ago and I have three of her Peony plants growing in my yard. I look forward to spring when they bloom with such beauty! I have two rose colored and one like yours with the burgundy center. I love your card. It's a good card to send to anyone who id tired of winter! Like me!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Your cards always inspire me Christine. You never color anything the same. Different techniques, color combos, etc. What a beauty!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Vintage and beautiful is right. Wow....

Lagene said...

Beautiful both inside & out!

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous and elegant Christine.

gr karin

Conniecrafter said...

You achieved such lovely depth with your coloring and the lacey feel of the background is just lovely with them!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Really stunning card, Christine! I love all of your gorgeous layering and coloring! You inspire me!