Monday, December 9, 2013

Soaring...


I’d like to be that little girl soaring above today!  How about something bright and cheery to encourage all of us, I’ve had a long couple of weeks.

Did you hear the sad news that There She Goes Stamps is closing at the end of the year?  I feel really bummed :(  I really loved TSG and enjoyed working for a while on their Design Team.  I have really been drawn to Torico’s illustrations in particular for the entire time she’s been working there, so I’ll really miss her designs.  Today I thought I’d pull out another sweet TSG set illustrated by Iwona Palamountain - Flying By, (one of two she did for the company) and since it was illustrated by her I thought I’d do her Sketchbook Saturday design this week as well.


Fun sketch right?  I really enjoyed incorporating the balloon elements and the layers that peek through each other.  The designer paper are Carta Bella - Hello Again.   I think the colours are so fun and fresh!  




I thought the twine was great to go with the balloons too.  Let’s sail away together shall we?  

See you again tomorrow for Flourishes New Releases!  They are awesome….just sayin’! 

Copics:  Y21, Y23, Y26, E33, E0000, E00, E25, BG23, BG34, BG49, G12, BV00, R01, R30, R32

5 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

she is so cute and a beautiful card christine so cheerful.

gr kari

Conniecrafter said...

Awww she is just too cute and such great colors!!

TLady said...

This IS a SWEET CARD!!!! I hadn't heard about this company closing!! :( It's ALWAYS SAD to see one of these companies closing!!! LOVE what you've done with this SWEET CARD--colors, the die & openness/airiness of it!!! :)
AND I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE what's coming out TOMORROW...!:)

Leslie Miller said...

Very cute, bright, fun, cheerful -- it's wonderful, Christine! I heard about TSG, and I've been also sorry that Torico closed up her Birdie Brown shop. Hoping that wonderful talent resurfaces somewhere else.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh wow... I'm so humbled that you decided to pull out this wee little stamp set, especially for this occasion. I almost forgot about it! Thank you, Christine! I'm going to miss TSG as well, and Torico's designs :(