Thursday, December 19, 2013

Be Strong

Free for All Friday with Border


It’s another Friday and we're bringing you another round of inspiration created with our brand new December Release Stamp sets by the Senior Design Team.   It’s always fun for us to show off the versatility of these beautiful sets one more time while you can still purchase the December New Release Bundle at a discount!  Today is the last day this discount is available and we don’t want you to miss out!

I had a very fun time creating this card!


I began with our beautiful new set, Always Blooming and stamped it in VersaMark ink, embossing it on our Flourishes Classic White cardstock.  From there I just played!  I wanted it to have a beautiful distressed feel so I pulled out my Flourishes set So Distressed and began to stamp and to water-colour.     


The inks I used are all Memento - Summer Sky, Nautical Blue, Paris Dusk, and Olive Grove and also a water brush.  I’d either moisten the cardstock before I stamped or take the waterbrush to the cardstock quickly after I stamped to get this impressionistic look to the paper.  I love how it blends the colours!  I used the swish horizontal stripe image from the set and the larger pixelated puddled stamp (like my detailed descriptions? :).  They look fabulous for this kind of technique.  I added some green ink to the center of the leaves and stems to give it some definition and paired it all with  Color Made Easy - True Blue cardstock.  


Then to finish it off after everything was dry I embossed this gorgeous sentiment from the set in black and wove some deep blue Seambinding and Iridescent Twine and a button together to accent.  

It’s so different from my normal work, but I really enjoyed doing it and love how it turned out.  

So now hop on over to see what our very talented Design Team has in store for you today with these sets:

13 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

What a beautiful background for your embossed image and sentiment!

Unknown said...

Such a piece of ART! Wow....if I made that I don't think I could send it to anybody, it's really beautiful. Well thought out and designed and I really love the way you did your ribbon. Merry Merry!

Stephanie McKnight said...

Your card is simply beautiful, and the sentiment is strong and encouraging,

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is gorgeous Christine.

gr karin

TLady said...

HOW PRETTY CHRISTINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) I KNOW I'm going to LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the set So Distressed!!!! Just waiting for Santa to arrive!!! :) GORGEOUS JOB!!!!!!!!!!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Allison Cope said...

Just gorgeous! Love the watercolour feel. Gorgeous blue hues. A wonderful card Christine!

BeckyTE said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I feel a case coming on! Thanks for sharing the details of your creation. I love it.

Judys said...

Awesome Christine! My Flourishes wishlist is so growing and all I need is $. This beauty of a card is the style I love to play with. Thanks for sharing.

Conniecrafter said...

Your playing turned out so pretty, Love it!

Nana Griffin said...

This is so pretty!

BJ Searcy said...

The card is so beautiful, it should be framed and hung on the wall. Please do a tutorial, I would love to follow along to make a beautiful card such as yours.

Jean Bullock said...

Great job on this. It turned out very well.

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful! You can't go wrong with blue and the shading is wonderful. Very encouraging indeed.