Thursday, November 14, 2013

November Sneak Peeks 3 - So Distressed

Here we are at our last day of November Sneak Peek Sets! Do you sometimes look at your blank sheet of card stock and think, “I wish there was a way I could warm it up or add some interest or texture without taking anything away from the main image?  Or have you been longing to get your fingers inky and dabble in the mixed media craze?  Well, we’re ready for you!  Introducing…

SoDistressedGraphic

With Mixed Media all the rage, why not add a background set to your bag of creative tricks? This pattern and background set offers all kinds of images that can be used on their own, or as a way to add "texture" to your cards or creations. The options are endless! How about trying to layer these images for even more fun? This set measures 4" by 6”.

You’ll be able to tell that I had a lot of fun with this set, So Distressed.  I know for certain that it will be one I reach for on card after card because of it’s versatility.  There are a number of distressing style sets out there, but I don’t know if there are any with this level of elegance built into them as well as usefulness.  I’m swooning with all the possibilities!

And now that you can see the sets LIVE you can also see the elements I used from this set on the other two cards I did this week…it just goes to show it’s the perfect set for any card!


When I look at this design to me it has an almost “steampunk” feel to it.  Which is a bit weird because I don’t exactly love steampunk style, but it LOVE this card!  I saw a card on Flickr that inspired me which used dimensional hot air ballons and I knew I wanted to try something like it for this card.  I began by stamping the distressed diamonds on Flourishes Classic White cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink in a diagonal grid pattern.  Then I added the background damask images on the top left and bottom right corner in light teal (the damask is one of my favourite stamps in the set), and then on another sheet of white cardstock, I stamped the hexagon image (my second favourite in the set because of it’s imbedded design in the hexagon) in a soft tealy blue and Memento Gray Flannel.  These I just trimmed out and set aside to pop up later.  

Now the fun part - I used my hexagon die from Spellbinders and trimmed out 12 of the smallest sized dies from patterned paper - Teresa Collins - Memorabilia, scored the hexagons in the middle and glued them together to form little fans of hexagons.  The perfect matching 3D element!


For accent I added some paper banners and 1/2 inch circles from other pages in the paper pack, and  Memorabilia enamel dots that are made for this paper too.  A small mat of Color Made Easy - Cool Gray cardstock sets off the design.  Did you also notice the gray and light teal dotted elements on the card base?  Also stamped with this set too.  GORGEOUS I tell ya!  

Our team loved getting inky with this clever set, so hop on over for some creative inspiration.  And, while you’re hopping remember, we have one more day of….

Mystery-Blogger-Graphic

Hidden among the Design Team’s blogs today is our Mystery Blogger of the day. Comment on her blog and you could be chosen to win today’s set! The more you comment, the better your chances of winning.

Do you want to win Flourishes’ November Release?

  • If you would like a chance at winning all newly released November sets…you can play in our Grab A Cup Challenge – we will have multiple winners there! Deadline for entries is TODAY November 15th at 5 PM EST. Check out the link for the official rules!
  • All three of our November sets are available now HERE! Take advantage our New Release Bundle and get 10% off when you purchase all three sets together in a bundle. This discount will only be available through November 22nd, so you have to act fast!
  • See our coordinating cut files for this release HERE.
  • And, don’t forget to come back to the Flourishes Blog tomorrow, Saturday, November 16th for the Winner’s Circle where we’ll announce all of our winners of this weeks’ challenges!

25 comments:

Diane said...

What a creative and wonderful card!!! Love the added elements, colors and the entire thing...well done!!

loulou said...

What a fun design and great colour combination. There is a lot of great elements in this set.

Mary Ann said...

Love your card!Very pretty!!!!Awesome colors!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a different kind of card/set. TFS.

Theresa's Studio said...

Wow! So many details to take in. Fantastic card and use of this set.

Connie MacFarlane said...

Absolutely love your card Christine! Love this new stamp set, the possibilities are endless.

stampqueen said...

Cool card - love all the elements and the colors!!!

Tracy said...

Fun card, looks like this is a great set to add to my stash.

Unknown said...

That is FANTASTIC!!! I love your 3D accents of the honeycomb, and your colors are so beautiful! What a FUN card! Love the whole look!

Heather said...

You're right, this set does seem to have an elegance to its distressing. Hmmm . . . that sounds weird. I mean, anything with damask (my all time favorite motif) has to be elegant. Such a fun card with all the different elements.

Anonymous said...

I love how you took distress techniques and made them your own! They work nicely with a beautiful clean look as well as the "grungy" looks we see more often.

snazzyjj said...

Love all the little details. A very fun card to look at.

Jean Bullock said...

Well done! I love the pattern you created with the new stamp. Excellent card.

KarinsArtScrap said...

fantastic and great card Christine.

gr karin

Angelica Schmidt said...

Love the 3-d honeycomb! Well done! Have a Blessed day!

TLady said...

Christine! THIS IS SUCH A FUN CARD!!!!!!!!! I get the Steampunk feel!!!!!!!! TOO FUN! AND I like the 3-D affect you've given this card too!!! I don't have ANY stamps like this YET!!!!! BUT, Christmas is coming...!!!:) SUPER JOB with these FUN STAMPS!!!!!!!:)

Sue D said...

Great card design with this set. I like the colors.

Stacy Morgan said...

LOL Well I have no CLUE what steampunk is but.... this is darling. I like the crazy design and your embelishments!

Greta said...

Loving this new set! Your card is really neat!

Jan Castle said...

Lovely layout!!!! Great color choices too!

Lastochka said...

Lovely work!!
Hugs
Veronika

Heather Rogers said...

Beautiful, Christine! I love how you used die cut shapes with the stamped images. :)

Cheryl said...

This card is so FUN, Christine! I love cards that make you want to check out every little detail, and this one of those. Fantastic idea to make the 3-D hexagons and little banner in the corner, and the distressed dots on the base are barely there, but without them, the card wouldn't be nearly as nice. Fabulous!

Silke Ledlow said...

So unique and fun Christine..very cool card!!!

Allison Cope said...

Goodness me... I am in love not only the hexagons but your colour palette and the stunning design! Wow Christine! This is a stunner for sure!