Sunday, October 20, 2013

Ice and Snow

I was cleaning out some supplies a few days ago and found a whole package of clear cardstock and thought I'd put it to good use in making another Christmas card.  


I had this lovely skate image already coloured up from the Flourishes set Snow Day, and I found this cute sketch from Deconstructing Jen, that I thought I'd put to good use.  As I was making it I thought ooo, wouldn't cute snowflakes on the clear cardstock go nice?  Unfortunately, I didn't have any white Stazon and tried out some other chalk ink....took forever to dry, so I thought I'd be smart and emboss them on.  Yeah... don't do that.  It's almost impossible not to have your clear cardstock warp, which you can see above right in the photo.  Nonetheless, it's still a cute card, just a bit warpy, much like outdoor ice you skate on :)

Here's what the sketch looks like


The skates were stamped on Flourishes Classic White cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I framed it out in Flourishes Color Made Easy True Blue Cardstock.  Then I added some die cut circles in True Blue and Color Made Easy Cool Neutrals card stock, inking them up with our new set Handmade Snowflakes and Memento Summer Sky, Gray Flannel and White Craft ink.  


For accents I added some gray cording, some swirly sparkly white iridescent string and some pretty silver sequins.  


Here's what the inside of the card looks like!  Thanks for dropping by today!  

8 comments:

Kris B said...

Beautiful card!

Allison Cope said...

Oooo... so icy and pretty Christine! Love how you used your find!

TLady said...

OH!!!!! I think your card looks FABULOUS CHRISTINE!!!!!!!:) I LOOOOOVE this image!!!!!! AND YES, the SNOWFLAKES look FABULOUS WITH THIS!!!!!!!!!:)

Misti said...

This is gorgeous, Christine!

Marisa said...

Fabulous use of the sketch - great card :)

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a great and beautiful christmas card Christine.

gr karin

Bobbi-spapertrail.blogspot.com said...

Warped or not, it's beautiful. I used to fret a lot when it came to things like smudges or warped. Now, I embrace it as "it's a handmade card". You always make the most beautiful cards....no matter what! :-)

Conniecrafter said...

fun winter scene, love what you came up with for the design, very cool!