Thursday, September 26, 2013

Sweet Seeds of Friendship


Friday has rolled around again and the Flourishes Design Team has a treat for you today!  We're digging into the Flourishes vault to showcase some of our sets that are retiring!  As we make room for new, it means we need to clear out some of these beauties.  So - if you like what you see along the way - be sure to add them to your shopping cart, once they're gone - they're gone for good!  

It always feels a little sad to say goodbye to some beautiful sets we've loved so well - and today I have two of those sets that will be hard for me to see retiring - Sweet Nature and Seeds of Friendship.   Today I put them together to create something special for a friend.  


I began by stamping the seed packet onto Flourishes Classic White cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I coloured up the top part of the label with Copics, and then poked my scissor through the middle of the lower part of the seed packet and trimmed out the inside like a window.  I popped that up onto this pretty paper (MME - Kate & Co - Oxford Lane).  Then I stamped out the pretty ranunculus from Sweet Nature, coloured that with Copics and carefully trimmed it out, tucking it in my seed packet "window".  


Along the bottom I used a gorgeous new Spellbinder's die Scalloped Border Two (LOVE).  I think that scalloped edge just makes the card! 

Other tiny touches - Color Made Easy True Blue Cardstock for framing, pretty white lace and MME - Enamel dots as accents.  It's so cheerful!  I love how it turned out!  




Now for more fun with some other beautiful sets that are retiring - see the rest of the Design Team:

13 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

Lovely card, these colors are so pretty and I love your idea of cutting out the center, so creative!

Bobbi-spapertrail.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful card Christine! I love how that 25 pops over the top; reminds me of a moon shining on those pretty flowers. Great combination of 2 great sets! Thanks for sharing!

TLady said...

SOOOO BEAUTIFUL CHRISTINE!!!!!!!!! TRUELY LOVELY!!!!!!! LOVE the color combination you chose!

KarinsArtScrap said...

such a bright and cheerful card Christine, gorgeous.

greetings karin

Allison Cope said...

Wow Christine! I am in love with this card. Totally love the patterned paper and all the added stamped elements you incorporated to match your papers. Gorgeous!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful bold and yellow combo Christine. Your design is wonderful.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Wow Christine!! Your card is stunning!! I love the blue banner with that perfect paired dp. Then there's your beautifully colored flowers and the sweet little scalloped border...I could go on and on...this is gorgeous!!

Jean Bullock said...

Wonderful card! Love your paper choices and embellishments.

D- said...

Your card turned out beautifully. Your friend will love it for sure.
Crafty hugs,
D~
designsbydragonfly.blogspot

Marsha Reed said...

Beautiful card, Christine. I love the yellow.

Sandra said...

Very pretty and definitely a cheerful card

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card and colors, Christine!! Love use of those two sets!

Silke Ledlow said...

LOL...yes, great minds do think a like!!! Your card is beautiful!!! Love the flowers and the colors you chose!!!