Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Special Delivery

Not long ago some friends from Church asked if I would do some design work for them in preparation for the birth of their second baby,  a second boy who was due to arrive in September.  The mom saw an adorable picture on Pinterest of a big brother opening the door to find a basket of baby brother on the steps, with a tag on the basket reading "special delivery" (Can't you just imagine how cute?)  We talked quite a bit about colors and design and then she let me create...here's what I did for them.



I used PTI's set Fly Away.  I think it's so cute!  It's stamped in a rich red and then accented with deep brown letters I had cut with my Silhouette.  The tag is about 4 x 6 inches.  I added lots of fun red and brown ribbon.  She has a big red blanket she wanted to put in the creamy white basket and I think it will look perfect.  


One of my favourite parts?  The sweet puffy-embossed heart "clouds" or exhaust coming from the plane. Total cuteness!  Two hearts for mom and dad, and two for the boys.  

Here's how the basket looked with the tag on it


Precious don't you think?  I can just picture a sweet little boy in there.  He's SO sweet too - I held him just last week and I am amazed once again at how tiny newborns are!  

8 comments:

Marisa said...

Fabulous tag!!!

Conniecrafter said...

such a cute idea and tag :)

Allison Cope said...

Adorable! Love those clouds! :)

Misti said...

Oh my goodness! What a sweet tag!

Barbara said...

Oh my gosh, that's just about the cutest thing I've seen in a long while. I love your design and the wonderful way it turned out. Absolutely darling!

TLady said...

WONDERFUL JOB CHRISTINE!!!!!!!!!!:) I can see a little boy in that basket too!!!!!!:) THEY'LL LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE THIS!!!!!!:)

Rebecca Ednie said...

This is a super sweet idea!

KarinsArtScrap said...

great tag Christine.

greetings karin