Sunday, July 14, 2013

It's Your Day...Light it Up!

Have I gushed enough about this new set from Flourishes called Pinwheels and Popsicles?  Sheesh...I LOVE IT!  One of the elements I really love are these gorgeous paper lanterns.  They are a party on paper that's for sure!  


First I cut out the Silhouette cut shapes for this part of the set on Flourishes Classic White cardstock, then stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  Then, I did a combination of paper piecing and copic coloring to make these lanterns lovely.  The papers are MME - Simple Stories.  I got this paper at Michael's, but I can't find it listed on MME's site.  It has the sort of design that could be used for Project Life, but it has some of these awesome colorful sheets that are perfect for a summer party design.

I also created a window out of my dies to lay the paper lanterns over so you could see through the card.  A sweet little effect.    



The other cardstock is Flourishes Color Made Easy Sunflower and Poppy card stock, as well as CME buttons to match.  Doesn't it feel like a party to you?  

Here's the Copic Collections I used.  





Thanks so much for stopping by today for my little paper party!  Enjoy the rest of your day!

11 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

o what a cheerful and colourful card Christine.

greetings karin

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful card!!!

Unknown said...

I wasn't totally sold on this set(which means I probably would have bought it anyway!!) but this card has sealed the deal. I see so many chances to use them for fun celebrations or just to light up someones life!!

Unknown said...

I wasn't totally sold on this set(which means I probably would have bought it anyway!!) but this card has sealed the deal. I see so many chances to use them for fun celebrations or just to light up someones life!!

Conniecrafter said...

Too cute, love the window and the pretty papers you used, great coloring of the lamps!

TLady said...

I LIIIIIIKE YOUR "PAPER PARTY" CHRISTINE!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU throw an AWESOME PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Allison Cope said...

Gorgeous Christine! Love the window and all the bright, fun colours!

Rosy Newlun said...

Rich and deep colors - yup, I love the new stamp sets, too!

Lusilla said...

Very nice

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how fun and rich!! Love your colors and the open window to the inside. I hope you are having a great summer!!
hugs,
Chris

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

What a fun, colorful card, Christine! I'm so glad you linked your blog up to the Moxie Fab World Blogroll. It will be great to stop by and say "hello" from time to time! :)