Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Blog Cherries

When I was looking at how fun the different fruits were in the Berry Sweet Frames set Flourishes...I couldn't help but notice that cute little pair of cherries.  Since I have a love for most things cherry and since there's a particular theme here on my blog design I thought I'd play around a little and see if I could replicate the feeling of my blog on a card :)  A bit of a reversal for design inspiration.


Look a bit like the blog design?  I love how it came together!  And it's really a simple design too.  I stamped the cherries numerous times on the outside panels of the Flourishes Classic White cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, coloring them all with Copics.    The center panel is designer paper (Teresa Collins Memories) torn on the edges and sewn with a wide border like my blog design and then I added some beautiful Flourishes Cotton Dentelle lace in a double row as well as some Basque Red seam binding.  


The sentiment is layered onto our Flourishes Perfectly Pierced Classic Frames die, with the sentiment stamped in Memento Lady Bug ink, accented with some Teresa Collins Far and Away Enamel Dots.  

Guess you can get inspiration from the most unusual places!  It was sure fun to make.  Thanks for popping by today.  

 + R33


+BG10




8 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow gorgeous card Christine.

greetings karin

Misti said...

This is awesome, Christine! Super cool!

Tricia T said...

Adorable card, Christine! You did a great job pulling in the feel of your blog!!

Tricia

Wanda Cullen said...

Gorgeous card and yes...it really does coordinate well with your blog theme! :-)

Conniecrafter said...

they look good enough to eat, great background, cute match for your blog!

TLady said...

SOOOO PRETTY CHRISTINE!!!!!!!!:) GORGEOUS COLORING!!!! And I LOVE the torn paper & the sewing!!! AND the lace!!!!!!!:) GORGEOUS!!!!! Makes me want a Cherry Pie now!!!!!With a crunchy crust! LOL :)

Unknown said...

Oh my!! This just jumped off your blog and bit me!!It is wonderful!!

Joan V said...

Wow, beautiful card. Your coloring is so gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.