Monday, April 29, 2013

Oh Snap

One of my favourite illustrators for fun and whimsical images is Torico.  She's got great style and lines and oodles of talent.  She illustrates for There She Goes, but she also has her own line of digi images at Birdie Brown, and each month she has freebies too!  I'm getting this one in under the wire for her April Challenge with her April Freebie images - which is also why you'll see 2 posts from me today, one now and one in the morning!   I had time because our youngest was home with an ear infection, so it was a lazy day.  Hope you don't get sick of me {wink!}, and the little guy is doing much better now too.


How could I resist a camera image right?!!  So cute!  Sorry - the picture angle is a bit hinky - I was trying to talk to my mom on the phone while taking pictures.  It didn't really work!  I'll have a few more pics to show you.  I printed off a couple of the camera and bird images so that I'd have a few pieces I could cut out and pop up for dimension, like the camera lens, bird and flowers.  I love those extra touches.


Coloring with Copics to match the MME paper - I think it's called The Station - a pack that was at Michael's.  Really rich neutrals, blacks and reds.   The sketch is deconstructingjens #99.  


Here you can see the dimension a bit better.  So cute!  

Copics:  R14, R83, R85, R89, W1, W3, W5, W7, 100 (Black), E50, E53, E35, E31, YG93, YG95, YG99

10 comments:

monny2 said...

What a beautiful card. Lovely colours & colouring.

monny2 said...

What a lovely card. Beautiful colours & colouring.

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Love your card...beautifully done! entire composition is awesome!

Torico said...

I'm sooooo glad that you joined my challenge, Christine! Your coloring is absolutely beautiful. Love the rich colors too!

TLady said...

SUPER CUTE CHRISTINE!!!!!! LOVE that DEEP RED!!!!!!!! :)

Allison Cope said...

Such a cute image!!! Love the colours you chose Christine!

Patti J said...

This is so sweet, Christine! Thank you for sharing it. Will have to check out the digi images - love this one! Great card...hugs!

Marisa said...

Fabulously coloured and just love that bird with the flower! Great mix of papers adn colours too. Fabulous card.

Conniecrafter said...

Love the colors you have chosen they are so pretty, great card!

Linda Carson said...

Love how you colored this image! Fabulous inspiration since I haven't colored mine yet....