Monday, April 15, 2013

Happiness Sneaks In

I had a lot of fun with this latest release for Flourishes, and I made a lot of cards, so I hope you don't mind me showing off some more of these new cards in the next weeks.  


I really love this set called Garden Gate.  I know I've said that already!  I wanted to do something with a real garden feel this time.  I stamped the gate image onto Flourishes Classic White card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, die cutting it out with a Spellbinder's Die, adding a second larger shape with the die onto MME designer paper.    That really cool edge is a new Spelbinders die called Borderabilities A2 Curved Borders One and I cut out two layers, one on our Color Made Easy - Poppy Cardstock and one on our Flourishes Classic White.  I love how it adds visual interest and draws your eye.  


For accents I added some seam binding in Basque Red, some white pearls and a pretty trinket leaf pin.  

That sentiment is so special isn't it?  "Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn't know you left open".  







BG0000, BG10, BG11, Y15, RV32, RV34

There's the list of a whole host of copics I used.  

6 comments:

Felicie said...

This card is so beautiful.I love the colour combination.Absolutely stunning.
Greetings
Felicie

Rosy Newlun said...

What charming layers of papers and die cuts. The pin is elegant and I love your coloring <3

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous card love the layout Christine.

greetings karin

Kathi said...

Just beautiful! Love the colors and those pretty papers! Those borders are awesome and I love the pin through the bow, so perfect!

TLady said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) CAN'T WAIT to receive my order & play with this set!!!!!!! :) AND did you know SCS has a sketch just for YOUR card???? It's just a little different--SC256! :)

Conniecrafter said...

Your coloring is just always amazing, makes for such beautiful scenes, love that curve border, that die is on my wish list!!