Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Just My Type


We have the coolest new set to show off to you today from Flourishes!  It's called Just My Type and it celebrates all the fun typeset style you've seen around the web on blogs and on Pinterest.  We think you'll love it!  

I decided to show you something different with this set, because there is so much that you can do with it.  So I want to WOW you with some color :)   I love the look of orange and pink together too.  


So fun right?  I began by stamping in VersaMark and clear embossing the entire sentiment onto Flourishes Color Made Easy - Candy Pink Cardstock, cutting it with our Flourishes Perfectly Pierced Hourglass Dies.  Then I stamped it a second time adding really fine colored glitter.  I trimmed out those two glittery pieces and popped them up.  The shimmer is really fun to highlight the words.  

I mounted the image onto one of the deeper colors of the Candy Pink Cardstock that had been embossed.  Then I added a whole bunch of fun felt flowers I had in my stash, adding some pretty Color Made Easy Seam Binding in Mango Orange and Pink Aster.  


Then finally for fun I added some Candi dots to the flower centers, after I colored them up to match perfectly with a Candy Pink Copic Marker.  Super vibrant, but it makes me smile :)


So, be sure to head on over to the rest of the Design Team today because one of us is the .....


If you comment on the Mystery Bloggers Blog, you could win today's set!  

Be sure to check out Flourishes Love Letters Challenge this month....if you play you could win the whole New Release!  Deadline is this Friday, January 11th at 5 pm. 

Know you can't wait to order?  All of this month's sets are available for pre-order, which means you get them a little sooner :)  Check it out HERE.  

See you tomorrow for something new and beautiful!  

52 comments:

Allison Cope said...

Good golly that's fabulous Christine! I am in love with your gorgeous and bright colour scheme! Awesome! Love how you added different inks and sparkle to your sentiment!

Anne-Elise said...

What a beautiful bright card, Christine! Love the felt flowers, the new sentiment and the pretty die cut! Hugs

Jan Castle said...

So nice and bright...good remedy for the winter blues!!! Love what you did with this set.
Paper Hugs,
Jan

kathy s said...

I am loving this set- so much fun

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful, vibrant card made with the lovely new Just My Type from Flourishes.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I forgot to add my name to the above comment!!

Michelle E xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

just beautiful Christine.

greetings karin

jonim52 said...

Love the new sentiments. Fun card.

Nancy said...

What a beautiful Card Christine. These are colors These are colors I wouldn't automatically put together but goes to show what little I know. They are gorgeous together. Looks like a fun stamp set too!!!

Cazzy said...

Oh I need my sunglasses, that is so bright and cheerful.
Seriously I love it, the sentiment is amazing too.

Anonymous said...

This is a fantastic set and love how you have used it, and the colours are just perfect!!

Tina said...

OMGosh I LOVE the colors you put together here!! Just my style... bright and pretty!!

Diane said...

You did make me go "wow"!! So vibrant and happy...love it!!

Linda said...

Wow!! That color combination is absolutely stunning. Love it.

Wanda Cullen said...

Bold and beautiful! Brightens up a dull, cloudy winter day!

Marisa said...

Loving those felt flowers and what wonderful pop of colour in the middle of winter :)

Katherine said...

LOVE seeing the bright colors on this otherwise dreary January day. TFS!

Donna said...

Love the bright colors! The sentiment is wonderful.

TLady said...

SO PRETTY CHRISTINE!!!!!!!!! I've LOOOOOOOOOOOVED these colors together since I was a little girl! I'd dress in these colors & my mother would make me go & change! (I was BEFORE MY TIME!) :) It went that way with PRINTS TOO! :) LOOOOOOOOVE what you've done with your card!!!!! :)

Belinda said...

Just beautiful! Love your beautiful colors.

Cheryl said...

Now THIS is MY kind of card! Orange and pink is one of my favorite color combos--it's how my daughters room is decorated! Love all the super bright colors together, and the pink on pink sentiment layer looks amazing! I've been thinking of colors for a 3D project I'm getting ready to make for my DD--you've solved it for me! Thanks for sharing--I love it! ~Hugs!

Emily Keaton said...

I love your bold and bright creation! The new stamp looks amazing :-)

Jodi Collins said...

What a great set and your card is STUNNING with this color combo!!!
Hope you are doing great...sorry I haven't been by in so long!!! HUGS!

Debi said...

beautiful love the vibrant colors

lisa808 said...

Love the colors!

Emily said...

Hopefully this does not post three times, but I love the bright colors, and I really like the felt flowers and the ribbon.

Bobbi Miller said...

AWESOME GORGEOUS card Christine! I love the colors and you're right, it is so vibrant! You are so blessed to be so talented. You sure do have an eye for color! This card makes ME happy too! :-) Blessings.....

Cindi said...

Great card! I love the bright colors.

Heather said...

Oh, this is so bright and fun! Love all those vibrant colors and the sparkle on the words!

Shelley said...

This has always been a favorite color combo for me. You made a spectacular card. All that yummy felt!

Rosemary said...

what a fun and bright card... lovely sentiment!

Sue D said...

Very fun and colorful!

Mary-Anne V said...

Wow what great card...love the felt flowers and the bling on the text.

stampqueen said...

Bright and beautiful, it just shouts SPRING!!!! :)

Jacqueline Smith said...

Beautiful card, love the colors

Linda Carson said...

Love the vivid colors on this beauty! Creative use of glitter and felt flowers!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

WOW! I love the punchy colors in this gorgeous card! Your felt flowers are beautiful.

Kraftingkarri said...

Tho is so much fun!!!!! Your creation was beautiful !!! This is my first time following a blog and being around cha time.....so exciting!!!

Lynne said...

Lovely card, expecially the beautiful felt flowers.

christi said...

what a bright and fun card. love the colors.

Anita said...

I like this card!

Kris B said...

Super cute card! Bright and fun! Thanks for sharing.

Stacy Morgan said...

So vibrant andlovely Christine. Those felt flowers are great.

guilinger2 said...

I love your bright colors!

Joan V said...

What a fun card, Christine. I love your bold colors and all the fun embellishments.

KimCreate said...

Beautiful card!!! The red is stunning!

dpkennedy said...

The felt flowers make this so much fun! So pretty!

Theresa's Studio said...

You certainly wowed me with your colors....most unusual card...love it!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Christine, the color are rockin'...such a pretty card!

Miriam Prantner said...

What a great card, such pretty colors and love the sparkle. This is a fantastic set!

Ravengirl said...

Such a clever design! I really like it! The orange and pink together are marvelous!

Heather Rogers said...

Such a pretty color combo. The felt flowers and glitter on the sentiment are perfect additions. :)

Hugs~