Sunday, May 13, 2012

Putt, Putting Along

At our big picnic to end off the youth ministry year we say thank you to our volunteers who work with us with the students all year.  This year I made cards for each of them and we gave them some gift certificates.  We had 11 volunteers with us this year, and I realized that I had NO masculine thank you cards.  Not good since I had 6 male leaders!  So I had to work fast and try and keep them simple.

Here's a couple of them that I did.  


You can click on these to make them larger, I know it's a wide shot.  

I used The Cat's Pajamas VERY adorable set Take Off.   What was fun was that one of our volunteers that one of these was for works for the airline.  So it was perfect.  


These papers are Authentique Loyal (getting sick of them yet?).   And I added some flags along the side after popping up the bunny and paper pieced plane.  You know the coloring is smoother in person...for some reason I have trouble with grays.  Especially photographing them. 


Love how they turned out!  Aren't these Glitz  - Happy Travels papers perfect for this other one?  

They just make me smile with the big ears, fun papers and this cute plane!  LOVE it!

7 comments:

Marisa said...

Such a cute image. Sure they will great appreciate the cards and the acknowledgment of their involvement.

KarinsArtScrap said...

cute and beautiful christine.

greetings karin

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

These are both so adorable, no not sick of the great dp!

Michele Boyer said...

These are adorable, Christine! I love the patterned planes!

Conniecrafter said...

they are fantastic, they look so different colored in the different colors, great papers to go with them also!!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh how cute are these! Love the color combos and the fun "crazy" stitching! I love doing that! :)

Stacy Morgan said...

Adorable! They are fun and that paper piecing is awesome. your stitching looks great.