Wednesday, May 16, 2012

More Flourishes for May

How about a few more cards over the next two days from the May Release at Flourishes?  I had so much fun this month and have more to show you!


A little Hydrangea sunshine for each of you!  Aren't these blooms just amazing?  I combined two of the stand alone images of the hydrangea mounds into a sort of framing for the beautiful sentiment.  Several of the blooms are popped up to really give that feel of depth and dimension.  Coloring is done with Flourishes Sweet Pea Collection, one of my all time favourite collections.  


Here you can see the dimensiona of the flowers, the pretty Spellbinder's Heart Circle die and I mimicked it in the border die.  Papers are the very lovely MME Howdy Doody.   

Now for some masculine for Father's Day


I think this is a very sweet sentiment for a Dad.  I've stamped it in a dark grey ink and used the really great Glitz papers - Happy Travels.  I added some distressed photo corners behind the image to set it out a little and these pretty MME buttons.  Simple design, but the read really helps it pop.  


Come back tomorrow, I'll have my favourite of the three to show you in our Flourishes Friday!

Remember the May New Release Bundle is available at a discount till Friday only!  

6 comments:

Marisa said...

Love the sentiment and the flowers encasing it are great!! Lovely silhouette image on the second card.

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow what beautiful again christine.
the second card has a fabulous image.

greetings karin

Michele Boyer said...

These are both wonderful! LOVE the dimension on your flowers! And I always adore silhouettes. Your stitching is the perfect frame!

Stacy Morgan said...

Christine these are wonderful. Your Hydrangea's look awesome frame around the sentiment. Beautiful cards.

Conniecrafter said...

both cards are great, I especially love the fathers card, great image and sentiment and like the use of the corners!

Katherine said...

I know this is an older post, but found your project using this Flourishes set & think it's so touching! I want to feature your card for upcoming Trendy Tuesday post for the blog at Paper Crafters Library. You can ck out the blog here: http://blog.papercrafterslibrary.com/ The post will link back to your blog as well. If you do not wish to be featured, just let me know.