Monday, March 19, 2012

Promises to Keep

Everytime I read the Word I find great Scripture and I think, "oh, I should remind my kids of this verse".  Well I finally did something about that!  I've had this Triple Clip Board from SU for so long with the intent of doing something with it and I finally found the right project.  So, here is a clip board to display Bible verses for us as a family to be reminded of.  And it hangs on the cupboard on the breakfast bar where they get their dishes each morning for breakfast.  

I want my kids to be surrounded by Bible verses that encourage them, speak truth and help them each day with reminding them of God's promises, and this way I can add new verses each week.  I've combined SU Sale A Bration papers, modge podge and buttons to the base of the board, pretty ribbons and twines to accent the clips and then the individual cards are stamped with an MFT letter set.  I'm not wanting it to look too perfect in the lettering so you can see it's not all perfectly lined up.  


A shot of the buttons and verse card details.


The pretty ribbons are seam binding and twine.



Center shot of this Bible verse.  The best thing?  Just the other day our son reminded his Dad about one of the verses on the board this week :)  

Here's one last shot that I took as I was working on the project a couple of weeks ago, you might recognize it as one of my Project 365 photos.   This is the board without the verses on top.  So pretty!


6 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

This is SO beautiful Christine!!! LOVE this!

Jami said...

Oh I love this - both the idea and your execution of it! So pretty!

Denise Willerton said...

What a beautiful idea Christine! Love this so much! thanks for sharing and have a blessed day!

Marisa said...

Great set of verses you've chosen for the boards. Wonderful idea too :)

Conniecrafter said...

Such a wonderful idea, right now my passages are sticking out from the framing of my cupboards, but I love your idea of having them take center stage on pretty clipboards!

Carole said...

This is such a great idea it just left me kind of teary eyed. You are a great mom! I remember when my son was young and learning Bible verses for school. Now he's all all grown up and out on his own.